Old 01-08-2013, 10:11 PM
YP1 YP1 is offline
Registered User

Default First Ride-on (AL-KO) - Will I be able to get parts?

Hi,

This is my first post so hopefully I'm in the right place! I would appreciate some advice from someone in the know so here's a little background.

I'm in the process of choosing my first ride-on mower and have a very tight budget (£500). I have stumbled across one reasonably locally that I believe is called an AL-KO 11/30. The seller (not private) took it in a part-exchange and doesn't know a huge amount about it including what model it is or how old. I can see it is an AL-KO but the model sticker is missing. I found a pic online that seems to suggest it's an 11/30.

Please see attached for a pic I took of the prospective purchase today.

It drives well enough and cuts grass well enough so I'm thinking of going for it. The mechanics look simple enough so I will do all my own maintenance and servicing.

My only concern is will I be able to get parts? The cutter blade has taken a few knocks and the seller says first gear can be a bit tricky in the cold (it was fine when I drove it). Could I struggle to get what I need.

Ps I will call AL-CO directly but thought I would ask on here to get the enthusiasts opinion.

Many thanks
Mark
Attached Thumbnails
First Ride-on (AL-KO) - Will I be able to get parts?-alco.jpg