Old 02-08-2013, 04:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Willshak Willshak is offline

Default First Ride-on (AL-KO) - Will I be able to get parts?

YP1 wrote:
Hi,

This is my first post so hopefully I'm in the right place! I would
appreciate some advice from someone in the know so here's a little
background.

I'm in the process of choosing my first ride-on mower and have a very
tight budget (£500). I have stumbled across one reasonably locally that
I believe is called an AL-KO 11/30. The seller (not private) took it in
a part-exchange and doesn't know a huge amount about it including what
model it is or how old. I can see it is an AL-KO but the model sticker
is missing. I found a pic online that seems to suggest it's an 11/30.

Please see attached for a pic I took of the prospective purchase today.

It drives well enough and cuts grass well enough so I'm thinking of
going for it. The mechanics look simple enough so I will do all my own
maintenance and servicing.

My only concern is will I be able to get parts? The cutter blade has
taken a few knocks and the seller says first gear can be a bit tricky in
the cold (it was fine when I drove it). Could I struggle to get what I
need.

Ps I will call AL-CO directly but thought I would ask on here to get the
enthusiasts opinion.

Many thanks
Mark

|Filename: ALCO.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15755|

It looks good enough and has that grass catcher attached which is a bonus.
Depending upon what parts you may need, a lot of parts may be generic
ie. belts, blades, pulleys, tires, etc.
You didn't mention how much they wanted for it.
BTW, in the US that would be a tractor rather than a ride-on mower.
Tractors come in two varieties, Lawn Tractors and Garden Tractors.
Garden tractors are more versatile for attaching snow blowers, tillers,
and other power implements. Either will tow non powered things, like
aerators, thatchers, carts, etc.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY