Old 03-08-2013, 12:49 AM
YP1 YP1 is offline
Registered User

Well I made some enquiries with the parts guts at the Al-ko distributors today and going by the serial number it sounds like its actually a rebadged Murray rather than an Al-ko. Not a bad thing in It's own right other than Murray were bought out by Briggs and now parts for all the old mowers have been discontinued. Apparantly.

So I'm still pondering. The mechanics seem really simple. Just a couple of belts driving the cutter and rear differential plus the gear box which is the part that worries me. Only because I know 1st gear is tricky when cold.

He wants £500 and will deliver for that price. Came down from £650. Knowing what I do now about parts I'm inclined to revise my offer downwards again.

Maybe a brand new bottom of the range Mountfield for £1200 is money better spent? Although money not necessarily available!