Old 26-04-2003, 03:56 AM
Al

Default Enc. cordigera anomoly?

That's the cattleya version of a kiekie. I have seen baby plants grow from
the top of p-bulbs on Oncidiums and cattleyas: Right there between the
leaves at the top of the bulb. It is rare but sometimes they make roots and
even produce new bulbs like normal plants but often they are just "mini-mes"
riding on the top of the bigger bulb and don't make roots or grow new bulbs.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
This plant is a young thing, so I didn't expect that much yet. But a

p-bulb
has grown in the crotch of another p-bulb. What the hey? I have a wierd
looking growth that I have no idea what to do with. The new bulb stopped
growing a month ago, and just sits there. The plant is overall healthy,

and
has new growth, so I can let it be, but I am intrigued by this growth.

Any
thoughts?

Diana