Old 18-08-2013, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Good reliable source of bird seed

"Broadback" wrote in message
I am looking for a good quality source of bird seed on line, in particular
for finches, as my local shops do not seem to stock that.

Personally, I mix canary seed 50/50 with sunflower hearts both from
Wilkinson's.
It's very successful. Try it yourself.
A fraction of the price of online suppliers.

The finches love the canary seed.
I did pay more when I was near a shop that had British Finch mix but as I
don't have a reason to go there now, I found there was no difference in the
take up if I used canary seed from Wilko.

It's just not necessary to spend loads of money on online places for bird
food.
Well, I think so, your views may differ.

Tina