Old 24-08-2013, 01:11 PM
RussellS RussellS is offline
Registered User

Default Advice On Servicing Jonsered LR10

Hi everyone, this is my first post on these forums and hopefully I will find lots of helpful advice here and maybe later on even be able to offer some myself.

Anyway, I have just inherited my parents property which has a third of an acre back garden which is mostly lawn and trees. There used to be quite a few flower beds dotted around but as my parents grew older and less able to manage they grassed most of them over. My father had a Jonsered LR10 ride on mower (with 12hp B&S engine) which I have also inherited. The mower is in good working order but I feel it needs a good service and some maintenance which I intend to do in the autumn when it won't be needed for a few months.

The mower deck has lost all it's black paint and has a lot of surface rust so I intend to remove that and clean it up before giving it a coat of black Hamerite to protect it. However, I was just wondering if anyone can offer any advice as to what I should be doing to service it. Obviously an oil change which goes without saying and I have only recently changed the spark plug and I will obviously either sharpen or replace the blade depending on it's condition but what else should I be checking, adjusting or replacing. Are there bearings that are prone to wear that should be checked and what about linkages etc.

If anyone could offer any advice on this I would be very grateful.

Russell