Old 26-04-2003, 09:32 AM
JimS.

Default Keeping a Messy Garden

"dave weil" wrote in message
Well, I broke down.

I bought Don Juan. Rescued it from WalMart. $6.97
Shiva just wore me down chuckle.

Me too....Shiva, uh, "convinced" me last year. (that's OK, I talked her into
Joseph's Coat anyway, so we're even...!) My Don Juan looks like he's
started on Human Growth Hormone, and this is only barely the 2nd season.

..
And I couldn't afford to spend a lot of money on a trellis so I bought
one that's only 4 ft. tall. I figure that I'll buy two more over the
season and put them next to this one and train the Don Juan to grow
laterally. Maybe I'll just keep adding trellises as it expands and end
up with a wall of Don Juan next to the sidewalk.

I had to laugh at this .....I was gonna do this too..... Not only is the
trellis that my Don Juan on also a shrimpy little 4 ft one, it's also along
the sidewalk, and starting to crowd his neighbors..... I was thinking of
doing the exact same thing, adding another one and growing sideways.
There's a tree above it, so he can't grow upwards anyway.. In fact,
tomorrow I think I'm going to have to move a Mr. Lincoln that's right next
to him. At the rate things are going, it looks like little Juancito is not
going to stand for Mr. Lincoln as a next door neighbor. Funny, it SEEMED
like plenty of room between them just a couple of weeks ago.....!

JimS.
Seattle