Old 31-08-2013, 08:22 PM
SteveL1212 SteveL1212 is offline
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellow View Post
Thanks I already have that site and it shows ALMOST everything but does not show the arrangement for the rear drive belt for the brush
Hi

I know this is an old thread but there is not much out there on the net re Atco mowers....so hope there is still someone watching this. (plus I have never used a forum before so apologies if this is the wrong place to start..!)

I have just acquired an Atco 12 36. I wont say I am restoring it, as 'reviving it' would be more accurate. The engine now runs again (better without water in the tank & a clean new spark plug), the cutter blades are sharp and the deck and everything else has been wire brushed, ku- rusted and painted with hammerite. On the downside, no electric start and no reverse for some reason.

The next step is to do as OLDYELLOW and acquire a powered grass collector and then disturb the spiders nesting in the back of the tractor to add a new pulley belt and find out how to drive the collector.

I don't have a manual so can anyone out there help with answers to:
1. What makes those pulleys at the back turn?
2. How do you attach the Atco grass collector (when you find one...)

By the way ...is the engine supposed to surge in the way mine does, like a pulse every second? (single cylinder effect presumably?)

Thanks in anticipation to fellow fans of the little green machine.