Old 19-08-2013, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Graham Harrison[_2_] Graham Harrison[_2_] is offline

Default Good reliable source of bird seed

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Aug 2013 21:40:37 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

On 18/08/2013 21:31, Graham Harrison wrote:
I use one of these (first seller I came across tonight)
http://www.monsterpetsupplies.co.uk/...FRMRtAodKFsAow
and it seems more successful than some of the more conventional feeders.

That's a feeder?
It looks more like a miners lamp.

Recycled NCB surplus.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Nyjer is a tiny seed (teaching Granny to suck eggs?). The one I have came
with a sleeve that fits inside the feeder whilst filling to stop the seed
coming out. I don't use it because I keep the seed in a large container
and fill over/in the container. I just have to be a bit careful when I
lift it out not to dislodge some seed. But, like I say, it does seem to do
the business.