Old 23-08-2013, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Good reliable source of bird seed

On 23/08/2013 13:33, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 11:49:01 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

On 23/08/2013 11:25, News wrote:
On 21/08/2013 22:41, Bertie Doe wrote:

The Eden Project plants an allotment sized area with sunflowers. We were
there last September and it was mainly being eaten by green and
goldfinches.

I was there this summer - and was rather surprised to see a field full
of cannabis plants! (on the 'hillside' as you walk along the path from
the rain forest, away from the biomes). I guess they were hemp, but
there was no doubting the family. There were a lot of them too - but no
mention anywhere that I could see as to why they were planted.

Anyone know?

Hemp can be grown under licence for fibre.
Remember hempen rope?

and under licence for medical purposes, but not privately.

I think the stuff they grow by the field full would do very little
unless you stood in the smoke from a bonfire of it.