Old 24-08-2013, 10:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Battery-powered hedge trimmers

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 16:33:57 -0400, S Viemeister wrote:

TBH I'm not sure what the problem with the cable could be if you
route it well. Assuming cutter trigger handle in right hand, back

front under right arm pit, round back of neck, front to back under
left arm pit then to a loop shoved under your belt in the middle

of
yoru back. Slack enough not to restrict any movement and it'll

follow
your arm well and leaving being behind you, out of the cutters

way.

Some of us learn these things the hard way...I did survive, though.

Which bit half strangling yourself with a cable or cutting the cable?

Anything mains powered outside should be fed via and RCD somewhere.
If you come into contact with mains it'll still hurt, if up a ladder
the jerk reaction might knock you off balance and you'll count half a
dozen cycles or so before it trips but that is far more preferable to
no RCD.

DAMHIKT...

--
Cheers