Old 25-08-2013, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Battery-powered hedge trimmers

On 25/08/2013 12:05, Peter & Jeanne wrote:

"Jake" wrote in message

Not that long ago, I saw an advert for a battery hedge trimmer where
the battery was carried in a knapsack contraption on the back with
just a short cable to the tool. This may be an option to consider?

Yup - my grass trimmer (Aldi £29.99 iirc) works along the same lines.
Battery fits nicely in pocket - does about 20mins on full charge.

Regards
Pete

The lightweight bonus sounds good, but I may need more than 20 mins
worth of charge at a time. Nevertheless, since you and Jake have both
mentioned this type of portability, I will look into it.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London