Old 25-08-2013, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Battery-powered hedge trimmers

On 25/08/2013 13:44, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 13:00:36 +0100, Spider wrote:

I'm still not deeply chuffed about using - and storing - petrol. Having
discussed it with RG before replying, I find he's quite against it, ...

You have diesel car? B-)

5 l of petrol in a sealed good metal can isn't a serious problem in
the garage out of sunlight. I wouldn't store it in the house though
and only refill the machine outside the garage/shed.

A small portable machine that can operate at almost any angle is
likely to be a two stroke so will need two stroke oil adding to the
fuel in the correct proportion. Mixer bottles are available for the
common 50:1 (fuelil) ratio.

RG has. He's hardly got room in the garage for the car (had to hack one
skin of bricks off the wall so he could open the car door!!). That
aside, he just doesn't want to store it .. and I haven't got a shed :~((
.. yet.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London