Old 25-08-2013, 02:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Battery-powered hedge trimmers

On 25/08/2013 13:45, S Viemeister wrote:
On 8/25/2013 8:29 AM, Spider wrote:
On 24/08/2013 21:33, S Viemeister wrote:
On 8/24/2013 3:56 PM, Dave Liquorice wrote:
TBH I'm not sure what the problem with the cable could be if you
route it well. Assuming cutter trigger handle in right hand, back to
front under right arm pit, round back of neck, front to back under
left arm pit then to a loop shoved under your belt in the middle of
yoru back. Slack enough not to restrict any movement and it'll follow
your arm well and leaving being behind you, out of the cutters way.

Some of us learn these things the hard way...I did survive, though.

:~((! Well, thank goodness you're still here. Someone has to tell us
how it shouldn't be done. The horse may have bolted, but at least the
stable door is firmly shut ;~). I'm sure you're now being very careful.

_Extremely_ careful!
I'm also looking for a battery operated trimmer, as the bits needing
trimming are too far from the house to make a corded one practical, and
I don't like petrol powered tools.

Two of my yew trees are really too far from the house for cable and I
have ruled out petrol type trimmers, too.

If you like, I'll let you borrow a bit of my thread! ;~)).

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London