Old 25-08-2013, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Good reliable source of bird seed

Like I said about Chatham Dockyard and the Rope Walk there :-))

Have you been there and seen rope being manufactured?

Mike

On 2013-08-23 15:16:42 +0000, News said:

On 23/08/2013 13:10, Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 21/08/2013 22:41, Bertie Doe wrote:

The Eden Project plants an allotment sized area with sunflowers. We
were
there last September and it was mainly being eaten by green and
goldfinches.

I was there this summer - and was rather surprised to see a field full
of cannabis plants! (on the 'hillside' as you walk along the path from
the rain forest, away from the biomes). I guess they were hemp, but
there was no doubting the family. There were a lot of them too - but no
mention anywhere that I could see as to why they were planted.

Anyone know?

google is your friend

http://www.hemptechnology.co.uk/growing.htm

I know what hemp is, how its grown and what its used for. And I know what
the difference is between it and smokeable marijuana.

What I wondered was whether anyone knew why they were growing a field full
of it at the Eden Project. Most things they have there a fairly detailed
description and explanation for the 'exhibit'. There was nothing for the
cannabis field. (And it did smell a bit stronger than standard hemp - but
I'm sure it could only have been hemp - there wasn't any security around
it, so it couldn't have been licenced marijuana cultivation.

I should have added to my earlier post that, while some people do not
always agree that Eden's aims are clear, some of them are certainly to
educate people about plants, nature, the use of plants, the
interdependency of species and so forth. Showing what hemp is used for
is probably apart of that educational exhibition and the part hemp
plays in maritime history, for example.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com