Old 27-08-2013, 12:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Weeeeeeed!

On 26/08/2013 22:05, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 15:13:22 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

On 26/08/2013 11:29, Sacha wrote:
Gardening Express are now selling 2 litre pots of nettles for those who
lives in towns and don't have enough wildlife in their garden. Only
£7.99 per pot. They're also selling buttercups and other 'weeds'. I
really have now heard it all and am going into the field to dig up
nettles and enable us to over-winter in the Caribbean!

I'm moving upmarket with my pots of Urtica dioica, and I'm working on a
sting free variety that will cost twice as much.

Red dead nettles are there waiting to be sold.

Then it's off to the Himilayers where I've heard of giant Himalayan
stinging nettle plants, these Ill develop for fibre after all they are
the same family as hemp.

But caterpillars don't go for dead nettles like they do the real thing.