Old 27-08-2013, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Weeeeeeed!

On 2013-08-26 16:00:34 +0100, Phil Gurr said:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 14:56:17 +0200, Martin wrote:

There are plenty of weeds up for grabs on grass verges.

Pretty sure that taking anything, including seed, from the "wild" is
illegal over here. Of course the nettles we have an their seed have
been grown and are not "wild".

Collecting wild flower seed from the wild is quite legal providing
you have the landowners permission or it is on common land.
It is recommended that when collecting seed, not more than 20%
of the crop is taken.

Phil
Retired manager of the Ashton Wold wildflower project

That's good to know because the subject often crops up on here in one
way or another. So - we're all rolling in money then - though not in
nettles, perhaps!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com