Old 27-08-2013, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Weeeeeeed!

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:02:37 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Absolutely. And I knew a family who great them in neat rows and used
the young leaves in salads. But as a £4 pot of plants.

There's nowt as daft as folk... Even in the most concrete of concrete
jungles I'd be surprised if a bit bare earth didn't sprout at least
one of dandilions, nettles, rosebay willow herb, thistle, ragwort or
budlia within 12 months.

Last year was a fantastic year for dandelions and this year has been
pretty good too.

Not so good up here, might start trying to reduce their numbers next
year. We've more or less got rid of the ragwort and thistles. Though
a thistle had sneakly gone to seed behind a gate this year, it's now
and a majority of the exploded seed head in the green council compost
wheelie bin along with a few ragworts that survived the verge mowing
and have just flowered. Oh most of the contents of that 240 l wheelie
bin is compressed nettles...

--
Cheers
Dave.