Old 27-08-2013, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Weeeeeeed!

On 2013-08-27 13:24:31 +0100, Jake said:

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:50:34 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

pruned

At a place not far from here I was once told a story of a customer who
visited every spring to buy the same large selection of plants. He was
remembered because he liked to announce to other customers *very*
loudly that he "always got good plants, liked to grow the same ones
every year and knew they would always be in stock there". And he spent
£250+ each annual visit which I suppose is the real reason for
remembering him!

He drove to the nursery because he objected to paying their delivery
charge which, I think, was then around £10-15 for an order of his
size. He would not use the cafe there because the tea was too
expensive!

He had once lived nearby but, having moved, his drive became about 100
miles each way and the selection of plants he bought every year was
completely perennial! He would not be told!

So I suppose there's always someone .....

We do know someone very like that. Other suggestions have been made by
us and his gardening friends but it's his garden, so........
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com