Old 28-08-2013, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Weeeeeeed!

On 2013-08-28 11:14:54 +0100, CT said:

Martin wrote:

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 13:10:15 +0100, Janet wrote:

I do that too. And wheat and nuts and fat balls. But it's the
nyger that attracts GF's; we had none until I provided it.

We've never bought nyger. We always have goldfinches in winter.

I've put out nothing but sunflower hearts this summer and have had more
Goldfinches & Greenfinches than I've ever had.

I've put out nyger a few times over the years and we get almost zero
gold or green finches here. I'm told there are several around in
various places, so I can only imagine that whatever they want to eat is
supplied in the woods, hedgerows and fields around us.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com