Old 29-08-2013, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Ultimate lawn owner?

On 29/08/2013 22:28, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 21:28:16 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Aug 2013 21:14:47 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
My lawn was *mown* by my geese. They kept it quite short, good enough
for
me.

What do you do with all the crap they deposit on your lawn?

I just let the rain send it into..

It doesn't work in other places where there are a lot of geese on
grass.
--

I only had 3. I guess you have to be sensible about the amount of
grass/versus the number of geese.

Schiphol Airport would be interested in advice on how to discourage
visiting geese. :-)

Because my gander was so good with me, I never thought to warn my builder
who wanted to get some paving slabs from near the lawn.
Suffice to say he was able to leap a gate far higher than he thought he
could.

We had two geese when I was a child. Geese are far better than a guard
dog.

They taste better as well.