Old 01-09-2013, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default Good reliable source of bird seed

On 31/08/2013 00:58, Christina Websell wrote:
"Bertie Doe" wrote in message

"Broadback" wrote in message ...
Many thanks for all the suggestions, I have gone with the Wilkinson's tip
as they are low cost and low quantity, so I can see what works best.

I don't think you'll regret it.
There is no point at all spending a whole load of money on buying birdfood
online with wheat in, unless you spread it on your birdtable and want
pigeons or buying a pack of wild bird food which is filled out with wheat
to get the same.

Fill a feed seeder with 50/50 canary mix & sunflower hearts and see them
come.

Let me know the result if you do.

I will Christine, at the moment I have a feeder with peanuts, one with
ordinary wild bird seed and one with fat balls. The fat balls is the
only one being fed from, the others are ignored. I will wait and see
what happens as the weather turns more inclement, which it seems to be
doing today!