Old 05-09-2013, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Something to think on perhaps!

Now read it again. Are YOU and your fellow gardeners amongst the first
people in the preface?

NO, you are putting yourself amongst the second and polishing your halos.

Mike

On 2013-09-05 17:23:51 +0000, Mike said:

Self praise is no recommendation
Mike

"Sacha" wrote in message ...
From the preface to Strawberry Growing Complete by Edward Hyams.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93694401@N03/9681611174/

You really are losing the plot Mike. I didn't write that preface,
this quote has nothing to do with us, other than that Hyams and his
first wife once owned this house and I mentioned neither of those facts
in my original post. You're the one who has alerted others to that! I
merely quoted something from an 'old time' plantsman and gardener which
is relevant to all gardeners.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com