Old 06-09-2013, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Clematis Lambton Park

On 2013-09-06 17:58:44 +0100, David Hill said:

On 06/09/2013 15:59, Sacha wrote:
This is one of Charlie Pridham's 'babies' from Roseland House. I should
think this one is 2, perhaps 3, years old. The first one got strimmed to
death and Charlie kindly replaced it for us. It's immensely generous
flowering and has the lovely seed heads, too, so the overall season is
long. Oscar Underfoot can be seen checking I'm holding the camera the
right way up!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93694401@N03/9687866920/

I would be very worried growing this variety.
We are hearing a lot of variety specific pests and I'd be afraid that
this might just encourage the Lambton worm
http://www.unmuseum.org/lambtonworm.htm
David @ a now partially cloudy side of Swansea Bay

Now there's a tourist attraction to be proud of! But I doubt it will
dare cross the Tamar to get to Charlie!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com