Old 12-09-2013, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John Milner John Milner is offline

Default Briggs & Stratton mower engine problem.

On 12/09/13 09:51, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 09:09:16 +0100, John Milner wrote:

It sounds like the shaking of the tank has loosened debris of some kind,
causing a fuel-feed problem.

snip

http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/...prime_carb.asp

Has some good images (which will confirm or otherwise my assumption
of the actual engine the OP has). The B&S website is also pretty good
with downloadable manuals etc.

The filter screens look as if they will trap anything that isn't
*really* fine debris, but there are enough passages and jets where junk
could accumulate.

Also ensure the petrol tank cap breather hole is clear.

That normally just make the engine stop after a short period of
running not hunt.

It's well worth checking ;-)

With a problem like the OP's machine has, everything needs to be
checked, including all seals for air leaks. Don't ask me how I know this...

--
John Milner