Old 20-09-2013, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default Home grown veg. are the best

On 20/09/2013 14:17, 'Mike' wrote:

We came to that conclusion years and years ago, that is why our gardens
are picturesque. When, and for how long, does a veg garden look
picturesque?

Mike

"Baz" wrote in message ...

But costly.
I have worked out that it would be far cheaper to buy from supermarkets.
The seeds cost next to nothing. (well mine do)
It is the manure and fertilisers, labour and pest control that cost the
most imo. Let alone failures.
I am not sure that I will continue growing some of the things I have grown
in the past.
I will always grow potatoes, tomatoes, peas, broad beans and runner beans.
They seem to be, for me anyway, reliable every year.

I wonder what others think.

Baz

I agree with you Baz, with slight changes. I remove tomatoes because I
am never successful with outdoor ones I remove peas, because of the
problem with supporting them (almost as difficult as supporting my
wife). Also I would add French beans, I grew them for the first time
this year, they were a great success. I also grow a few lettuce and
beetroot. That is now my lot!