Old 22-09-2013, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Home grown veg. are the best

In article ,
David Hill wrote:

I use the same run for my peas, Heritage varieties that grow to 6ft+
they start to have peas around 3 ft up and carry on to the top, they can
be picked for several weeks so you don't have the same glut and back
ache as with modern short varieties.

I would dearly love to achieve the same, but for snap or sugar peas,
and add in mildew resistance :-(

Also, I can't find a variety of climbing blue French bean that
doesn't some cropping at the first spell of cold or dry weather
in September. As we are blue bean addicts, that is a pain. Can
anyone suggest any that might do better?

Lastly, what do the blight-resistant cherry tomatoes mentioned
earlier (I forget the name) taste like, and do they straggle or
are they stiff?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.