Old 23-09-2013, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_7_] Ophelia[_7_] is offline

Default Montbretia

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Ophelia wrote:
I am needing to replant some montbretia. How will I treat them, please?
Replant with the dying tops, or can I trim them and just replant the
bulbs?
Would it be better to dry out over winter and then plant, or can I do it
now?

This is more on experience with similar bulbs than on montbretia
itself, but I am pretty sure that they are similar to (say) my
byzantine gladioli.

Once the tops have definitely gone brown (even if not dessicated),
you can replant the corms and cut the tops off. It would probably
be better to do it now, rather than wait, because of all the things
that can go wrong in storage.

Thank you very much, Nick! I'll do that this week
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/