Old 24-09-2013, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_7_] Ophelia[_7_] is offline

Default Montbretia

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Ophelia wrote:

Thanks very much, Jake. Yes they do tend to spread I like to grow
them
because my Grandparents had them in their garden and they bring back a
lot
of happy memories, so I always need some growing in any garden I have)

I like them - they are an interesting addition to Cornish hedges,
which has happened since I lived there, but Cambridge is a bit
cold or dry for them to do well. They grow, but not vigorously.

Could you grow them in a tub?

Probably, but it wouldn't help. They much prefer the south-west.

Well I am in Scotland ...

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/