Old 24-09-2013, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David.WE.Roberts David.WE.Roberts is offline

Default Extending fruiting on courgettes?

Getting towards the end of the season for courgettes, and the ones I have
in pots seem to be mainly scraggy old leaves which seem to serve mainly as
a refuge for slugs and an umbrella over the new growth.

However there is still a growing point and new buds forming.

I've cleared all the old leaves in the hope that this may encourage new
growth and a few more courgettes.

Has anyone managed to extend the season, or is it all down to day length,
sun, and maximum temperature?

Cheers

Dave R