Old 26-09-2013, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default September in Guernsey

On 2013-09-26 15:28:42 +0100, Martin said:

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 14:13:31 +0100, Sacha

On 2013-09-26 11:34:01 +0100, Martin said:

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 11:25:21 +0100, Sacha

On 2013-09-26 10:29:06 +0100, Derek Turner said:

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 13:17:55 +0100, Sacha wrote:

There's something to be said for gardening in the CIs. This photo was
taken on Monday and from the size of that Brugmansia insignis, it's been
growing there for some time!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93694401@N03/9932237875/

May I remind you that this is a family newsgroup? There can be no excuse
for using the G-word before the watershed.

We did wave at you! Jerssey was as clear as a bell on Monday,
particularly and my mother's house looks directly across to it. It
didn't rain, though. ;-) Sadly we weren't there for long enough to
zoom over in the brother's boat, though we did tootle off to Herm and
Sark for brief visits and passed the "semi-detached" castle on
Brecqhou. The gardens in our hotel and in Mother's place were looking
terrific. There was a lot still flowering and on Herm we saw agaves in
flower, down near the shoreline. It certainly reminded us of how much
'easier' gardening can be over there. For years, I had the bedding
plant Ballota growing in a little paving pocket on a terrace and it
grew up and through a very mature Camellia. Pelargoniums were never
brought in but were just cut back to flower again next year and a
friend has Bougainvillea happily growing round her front door. Sighs
of envy...!

I noticed that the large motorboat used to control America's Cup races
in San Francisco has a red ensign and is registered in Alderney.

Did it weave about a lot? ;-)

No, but the crew did. :-)

Figures!
--