Old 27-09-2013, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default preparing soil for grass seed (weed killer)?

Jake wrote in
:

On 27 Sep 2013 13:17:52 GMT, "AL_n" wrote:

Good day all,

I've prepared an area of garden for sowing grass seed. Last time I did
this, I was surprised at how many weeds appeared along with the grass.
Is it a good idea to sprinkle some weedkiller onto the soil prior to
sowing the grass seed? If so, what type is best?

Many thanks
Al

You're really only a few days away from the end of the grass seeding
season (unless you're in the south when you may have a week more).

Janet & Jake,
Many thanks for the replies. Yes, I am in the 'Deep South' (on the coast,
even), so yes, I am about ready to sow. I'll take your concurring advice
and refrain from using weedkiller. I'll just sow and deal with any weeds as
and when.

Thanks again!
Al