Old 29-09-2013, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default looks to be a great year for mushrooms

In article ,
Malcolm wrote:

I asked if you could post a URL for the "rules" for identifying edible
and non-edible fungi, but you appear to have snipped it.

I'm sure such a URL would be welcomed by many here.

Doubtless. I have no idea whether there is one. I always refer
people to good books on British fungi, but am not familiar enough
with what is available to post a reliable list, and therefore do
not do so. Nor am I expert enough to write a checklist, though I
do know rules that will select a subset of safe fungi.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.