Old 29-09-2013, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith in England Judith in England is offline

Default Echinops and Teazels

I have collected seeds form Echinops (thanks to Mike for identifying them a
couple of months ago) and also from Teazels.

I would like to know what is the best time to sow them - and how: if anyone
has experience.

I know that the Teazels are biannuals and that they will not flower - or even
grow to any height next year. Do I sow them now, or wait until spring?

I see that the Echinops can also be annual or biannuals - so, again they may
not grow to maximum height and flower this next year - but when to sow?

Has anyone direct experience of growing either of these for seeds collected
from the flowers?