Old 30-09-2013, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Echinops and Teazels

In article , says...

Judith in England Wrote in message:

I have collected seeds form Echinops (thanks to Mike for identifying them a
couple of months ago) and also from Teazels.

I would like to know what is the best time to sow them - and how: if anyone
has experience.

I know that the Teazels are biannuals and that they will not flower - or even
grow to any height next year. Do I sow them now, or wait until spring?

In my garden teazels readily self-seed wherever they fell from the
mother plants, which suggests frost does no harm and you could sow them
now or spring. Or both, to make sure.

Janet