Old 02-10-2013, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] wardjfb@hotmail.co.uk is offline

Default Stealing and vandalism on our allotment site

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:33:22 PM UTC+1, Broadback wrote:
On 26/09/2013 13:17, Martin wrote:

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 11:42:54 GMT, Baz wrote:

Janet wrote in news:MPG.2cae240a90ab0b30989be3

@news.individual.net:

In article , says...

take the law in our hands.

A bit of a clice that the law uses it's power to discriminate against

drivers, because it is easy. Instead of catching violent criminals.

Or maybe it's because drivers kill maim and injure far more people

than allotment vandals do.

Janet

I have never killed maimed or injured anyone and I am a driver.

I don't know anyone who has.

I do.

My property should be protected by the law. As my area police charter

insists.

My advice to you is to read the police charter for your area.

"Maybe" is not enough of an excuse to dismiss the police obligation to

uphold the law.

We don't have any local police. The police station was closed long

ago. It's interesting that it hasn't made any noticeable difference to

crime.

Sadly the police seem to administer the law these days,not just uphold

it. They decide when to take action, not automatically when a law is broken.

The official job of the police is to 'keep the peace' not enforce the law - or so I have always understood.

Jonathan