Old 03-10-2013, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default Raspberries

In article ,
says...

My Summer raspberries have given me excellent value up until this
Autumn. Then they created many less canes than previous years, also some
of those that did grow were stunted and deformed. It seems that they
have succumbed to a virus, as they have been going strong since 2005 it
is not surprising. I was going to leave the healthy ones where they were
and plant a new set in a new bed, however the The chap I bought them of
in 2005 advised me to get rid of them all, as insects could spread the
virus to a new bed. SO I have spent a happy few days grubbing them out.
Also I was not happy with the Autumn fruiting ones so they have gone as
well.Sadly that means no raspberries next year and they are my wife and
my favourite fruit.

If you order autumn fruiting canes now, you should get
them around end of the month and be able to get them
in before winter sets in. As they fruit on the new
wood, you should at least get a crop from them next
year.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales