Old 03-10-2013, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Heavy Rain

On 2013-10-03 09:40:03 +0100, Tom Gardner said:

Well, according to http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ ,
at 9:15, there are patches or 50mm/hr over south Devon,
and over the channel there is a 45 minute band of 5-10mm/hr
including a 15 minute band of 15-20mm/hr.

It's pouring here just south of Dartmoor and the wind is south west.
But a few minutes ago it was a deluge. I'm profoundly thankful that
we're on a considerable slope and surrounded by fields! I gather
there's a yellow weather warning out for Dorset so I hope anyone living
there doesn't suffer horrible flooding experiences.

Well, the 10 mm I hoped for was wildly optimistic. We had only 1.5 mm
today. It started around 9 and stopped around 10. That makes a grand
total of 5.5 mm in 10 weeks. I hope that we get a decent amount tonight.

Realised I hadn't taken any readings for a couple of weeks or so as it
was just dribs and drabs, but tonight the grand total was 2.8 inches,
much of that was today.
Had to go to the chiropodist this afternoon to have my flippers pruned.
David @ a moist side of Swansea Bay