Old 04-10-2013, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default OT beds

On 04/10/2013 14:45, 'Mike' wrote:

1952?

That is when Full Board in my parent's hotel as something like £6.00 a
week if my memory serves me correct. And that was equal to a weeks wages!!

and are we better off now?

Mike

A working week was around 46 hours and 2 weeks holiday a year, the
average wage was around £9 a week. You worked Monday to Friday and half
day Saturday.
You could buy a nice3 house for under £2'000
Petrol was around 4/3d a gallon, ( I remember it going up to 5/-[25p] a
gallon in the early 60's and we thought that would be the end of motoring.)