Old 07-11-2013, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David.WE.Roberts David.WE.Roberts is offline

Default At the risk of being unpopular

On Thu, 07 Nov 2013 12:21:06 +0000, Jake wrote:

On 7 Nov 2013 11:49:22 GMT, "David.WE.Roberts"
wrote:

So, please, where is the active and interesting discussion?

Example. Look at
http://thinkingardens.co.uk/articles...ristine-dakin/
which, incidentally, was picked up by Amateur Gardening who clearly
thought it would be of interest to their readership. Not the first time
AG has picked up something from ThinkinGardens.

Anyhows, scroll down and you will see the discussion that follows.
Scroll down to the bottom and you can submit your own contribution.

TG runs a moderation system and a first comment may take a couple of
hours to appear (say if you post while moderators are having lunch)
but once you're a regular it's a lot quicker.

ASIDE: For those unfamiliar with blogs often, and in response to the
fact that people access the web via all sorts of mobile devices these
days, a blog will essentially have two presentations, one with and one
without comments. Thus someone using up the bandwidth on their mobile
phone may iniitially only see the original post. But somewhere near the
top and/or bottom of the post there will be some "comment indicator"
which, when clicked downloads and displays the ensuing discussion and
affords the opportunity to contribute to that.

O.K. - thanks, got it now.

Uses tweets - the one I have looked at so far reminds me of a Facebook
post with a string of scrolling comments.

Not as useful looking to me as an online forum - I have discussed this at
enormous length elsewhere :-)

Cheers

Dave R