Old 07-11-2013, 03:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default At the risk of being unpopular

"Nick Maclaren" wrote
Janet wrote:
jeanne says...
"Sacha" wrote

Sacha - just because not many here falls for your "thinking gardens"
bait,
then it does not follow that we as urglers are dying !
I am one of those who is quite happy with the status here as it stands.

Quite. I've been posting to urg for 15 years and it is ALWAYS quieter
in winter. Real hands-on gardeners are busy with wintergardening chores,
and interests they don't have time for in the growing season.

Nah. We just go dormant :-)

There is that aspect but from other Ngs it's obvious that Ngs are dying,
here we see few new posters only the old hands.
By coincidence I met a lady who allotment gardens this morning and we got
talking and I mentioned about Newsgroups, she had never heard of them. "How
do I get there" was her comment but she uses Web based mail, she does not
use an email client program. That is the problem, all the new internet folk
use web based mail so never see "Newsgroups" in Tools, and as I did all
those years ago, click it to see what happened.

--
Regards.
Bob Hobden.