Old 15-11-2013, 07:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Walmart Find

mj wrote:

Walked into Walmart last night and just inside found a $1.00
bin full of Daffodils, Crocus and Tulips. Packages of 9 and
18. I am not sure where I am gong to plant them as I planted
48 Daffodils earlier this week. I just could not pass them
up. Any other fall finds out there?

so far just several cases of canning jars for free.

i avoid buying these types of plants/bulbs as they
often are not stored in anything even close to decent
conditions. examining them often finds dried or damaged
bulbs. some may grow out ok, but those that are dried
up too much won't do much other than be a source of
organic material for the soil critters.

if your ground doesn't freeze deeply you should be ok
planting winter bulbs up until the end of December (but for
best growth it is better to plant them earlier).

songbird