Old 07-12-2013, 10:21 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Robert Hinsley[_3_] View Post
He'll have the problem that he needs a windbreak that can cope with the
cold as well as with high winds (but it doesn't need to be
salt-tolerant). I was wondering if juniper was suitable.
Juniper dieback from Phytophthora austrocedrae is caising a problem in N England at the moment - I'd steer well clear of juniper at the moment.

There's narrow strips of woodland in the valleys in Arkengarthdale up to about 350m, but he's higher than that. A shelter belt of trees is going to be a challenge.