Old 04-01-2014, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rain, rain and more rain

Here in Leics.
The problem is, that to get out of here down to the village is under a
railway bridge and it floods.
Over Christmas it was impassable for 5 days so I emailed my local
councillor. By the next day it was clear. Coincidence?
Anyway, it was up again today, and someone had lost their bumper in a
collision (probably deciding not to do it and reversing into a car behind)
So, I drove there (going to the library) and then left my car and walked the
rest of the way. I know the flood under the bridge looks innocuous, but
there is a horrible dip in the road under it and then your car is dead in
the water.

Us, up here know about the bridge, it looks like you can get your car
through, but you can't.
I have a wonderful pic of someone who tried. had to get out of his sunroof
and get the fire brigade.

On the way back from the library I removed the car debris from the road, as
the cars who were trying to get through the flood were just ignoring it and
running over it. To make it worse.