Old 06-01-2014, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rain, rain and more rain

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Sun, 05 Jan 2014 13:52:32 +0000, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:

I'm having difficulty believing it, but according to the MetOffice I
only got about 75% of the average December rainfall here. (The weather's
been more windy than torrential, but I still would have thought that it
would have broken the average.) Interpolating between the contours
Leicestershire got about 85% of its (lower) average.

We had 74% of our local long term average here in December, although
the very end was a bit wet, so I can believe it.

If we get a lot of rain in a few hours (we have) the bridge floods. If I
had a 4x4 I could make a lot of money towing the cars out that have died in
the middle of it for £15 a time.
It looks like you can get through it but if the water is near to overflowing
on to the footway, ordinary cars can't.
It has a dip in the road. It was closed off recently because of the
"triers" who got their cars stuck under there and had to call the police.