Old 26-04-2003, 12:20 PM
Dean Hoffman

Default Farming in South Dakota

On 10/18/02 12:59 AM, in article , "Jim
Webster" wrote:

The UK governments policy now specifically says there is no strategic
need for food production. As far as anyone can work out, the UK
government has no real interest in any food production whatsoever.
Yet yesterday a foriegn office minister did say that we must take steps
to protect our strategic oil supplies, some of this is to source non-oil
energy sources.
--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'

U.S. Politicians aren't covering themselves with glory either.
American agriculture would shut down in a hurry without oil. The early
1970's oil embargo didn't leave a lasting enough impression. Research
spending to reach energy independence should rank at the top of the list
with defense spending.

Dean