Old 28-02-2003, 09:27 PM
N.S.D

Default Not a lily ( What to do with lily question)

TOM KAN PA wrote:
Hmmm
I took your advice and did a search for Haemanthus.
Showed a lot of flowers but none that looked like a Stargazer Lily. Then I did
a search for Stargazer Lily.
After finding to rock bands, numerous prints and photos, many Yankee Candles,
and some gift shops, I finally found the plant.
However the page made no reference to Haemanthus. It stated:*
STARGAZER LILY
Species Name: Lilium hybrid

So where does this Haemanthus fit in?

Tom, in an earlier post you did call it a "StarFIRE lily", not
"StarGAZER lily", so maybe that was just a little brain glitch? :-)
Stargazer is certainly a lilium (and I notice that Cereoid also
insisted it's a Haemanthus, but what the hey...) but when I did
some searches on "Starfire" rather than "Stargazer" I finally
found one reference which did indeed refer to a Haemanthus.
(htt;://www.robertasinc.com/star.html) So I guess the final answer
depends on whether you have a Stargazer or a Starfire. I've never
seen the latter, I'm familiar with the former for sure (very pretty
but I hate the smell!)

- Naomi D. - for whom true lilies are now moot, due to the dreaded
red lily leaf beetle.

--
No more will our green sea go turn a deeper blue.
I could not foresee this thing happening to you.