Old 16-03-2014, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Laying decorative tiles (first time gardener)

In article ,
says...

I am a complete amateur and have landed myself the task of laying some
stone slabs for a friend.

The idea is to create a border and fill the inside with slate. The whole
thing will be purely decorative and not used as a path.

My main query is what type of foundation to create for the slabs to
prevent them breaking over time with changing weather + seasons etc.

Any help is appreciated, but particularly stories of people's
experiences!!

http://www.pavingexpert.com/

Janet