Old 11-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Registered User

Angry Garlicky Squirels

This is my first thread. Hope some helpful person can ease my frustration.
We love gardening but these last 18 months or so we have had our pot plants, lawn and other areas in the garden partially destroyed by squirels. They have even eaten the growing garlic bulbs. They are no longer cute little creatures but are now what they really are 'VERMIN'. Can someone please advise how they can be permanently deterred from the garden ? ( other than destroying them )
Thank you in anticipation of some success.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Registered User

Location: Warwickshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeder
This is my first thread. Hope some helpful person can ease my frustration.
We love gardening but these last 18 months or so we have had our pot plants, lawn and other areas in the garden partially destroyed by squirels. They have even eaten the growing garlic bulbs. They are no longer cute little creatures but are now what they really are 'VERMIN'. Can someone please advise how they can be permanently deterred from the garden ? ( other than destroying them )
Thank you in anticipation of some success.
Hi, dunno how to deter the darned things from the whole garden (& I wish someone would tell me, too!)........best I can manage is to cover the tops of pots, tubs, etc. with chicken wire or, in my veggie plots, with fleece or rigid netting, until the bulbs are well through. My garlic and red onions, planted Oct. are quite high now, but it's still too early I think to take away the protection (bases of 2 childrens cots...found on a skip) & will leave them in situ for a good while yet.

Good luck!

Rate This Thread:

Cantalopes & squirels Hul Tytus Edible Gardening 5 02-10-2007 02:22 AM
Squirels Alycia Budd North Carolina 0 01-05-2003 06:47 PM
Squirels Alycia Budd North Carolina 14 01-05-2003 06:47 PM