GardenBanter.co.uk

-   About GardenBanter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/about-gardenbanter/)
-   -   Tired Looking Tree and Bushes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/about-gardenbanter/165759-tired-looking-tree-bushes.html)

Steve Bolberry 11-10-2007 12:42 PM

Tired Looking Tree and Bushes

We moved into a new home with a large garden a few months ago that i guess was substantially planted out in the 1950's and 1970's. Some of the plants are mature and doing well, but many appear tired and at the end of their life ie straggly, fewer leaves than expected, miss shapen.

The garden was not tended for the last 5 years or so, i have started to clear weeds and overgrowth and to trim back where it makes sense to. But I wondered if anyone had suggestions on whether i should bite the bullit and take out some of the tired looking plants/trees or whether there is anything i can do to help bring them back to health?

Any advise really appreciated, thanks

Steve

luckytiff02 13-03-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Bolberry (Post 753634)
We moved into a new home with a large garden a few months ago that i guess was substantially planted out in the 1950's and 1970's. Some of the plants are mature and doing well, but many appear tired and at the end of their life ie straggly, fewer leaves than expected, miss shapen.

The garden was not tended for the last 5 years or so, i have started to clear weeds and overgrowth and to trim back where it makes sense to. But I wondered if anyone had suggestions on whether i should bite the bullit and take out some of the tired looking plants/trees or whether there is anything i can do to help bring them back to health?

Any advise really appreciated, thanks

Steve

Hi, Im new here and congratulations in your new home. Of course you can bring them back, just make it clean put some organic fertilizers. Lot to do but for me its very interesting.